- 1．Name: Hisanori KIMURA
- 2．Research fields: Seismology
- 3．List of publications and presentations
- (1) Reviewed Papers
- Kimura, H., T. Takeda, K. Obara, and K. Kasahara, 2010, Seismic Evidence for Active Underplating Below the Megathrust Earthquake Zone in Japan, Science, Vol.329, 210-212, doi:10.1126/science.1187115.
- Kimura, H., K. Kasahara and T. Takeda, 2009, Subduction process of the Philippine Sea plate off the Kanto district, central Japan, as revealed by plate structure and repeating earthquakes, Tectonophysics, 472, 18-27,
- Kimura, H., K. Kasahara, T. Igarashi, and N. Hirata, 2006, Repeating earthquake activities associated with the Philippine Sea plate subduction in the Kanto district, central Japan: A new plate configuration revealed by interplate aseismic slips, Tectonophysics, 417, 101-118,
- Sawazaki, K., H. Kimura, K. Shiomi, N. Uchida, R. Takagi, and R. Snieder, 2015, Depth-dependence of seismic velocity change associated with the 2011 Tohoku earthquake, Japan, revealed from repeating earthquake analysis and finite-difference wave propagation simulation, Geophys. J. Int., 201, 741-763, doi:10.1093/gji/ggv014.
- Hirose, H., T. Matsuzawa, T. Kimura, and H. Kimura, 2014, The Boso slow slip events in 2007 and 2011 as a driving process for the accompanying earthquake swarm, Geophys. Res. Lett., 41, 2778-2785, doi:10.1002/2014GL059791.
- Honda, R., Y. Yukutake, H. Ito, M. Harada, T. Aketagawa, A. Yoshida, S. Sakai,
S. Nakagawa, N. Hirata, K. Obara, M. Matsubara, and H. Kimura, 2013, Rupture process of the largest aftershock of the M 9 Tohoku-oki earthquake
obtained from a back-projection approach using the MeSO-net data, Earth Planets Space, 65, 917-921, doi:10.5047/eps.2013.01.003.
- Hirose, H., H. Kimura, B. Enescu, and S. Aoi, 2012, Recurrent slow slip event likely hastened by the 2011 Tohoku earthquake, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA, 109(38) 15157-15161, doi:10.1073/pnas.1202709109.
- Honda, R., Y. Yukutake, H. Ito, M. Harada, T. Aketagawa, A. Yoshida, S. Sakai, S. Nakagawa, N. Hirata, K. Obara, and H. Kimura, 2011, A complex rupture image of the giant earthquake which struck east Japan revealed by a dense seismograph network, MeSO-net, Earth Planets Space, 63, 583-588, doi:10.5047/eps.2011.05.034.
- Kimura, T., K. Obara, H. Kimura, and H. Hirose, 2011, Automated detection of slow slip events within the Nankai subduction zone, Geophys. Res. Lett., 38, L01311, doi:10.1029/2010GL045899.
- Sekiguchi, S., H. Hayashi and M. Tsukui, Y. Uesugi, T. Ito, Y. Tanaka, M. Takahashi, Y. Yanagisawa, F. Yamamizu, K. Obara, S. Hori, K. Shiomi, H. Kimura, M. Matsubara, K. Kasahara, 2007, Deep Drilling at the Arc-arc Collision Zone in the Yamakita Area, Central Honshu, Japan, Bull. Earthq. Res. Inst., 81, 291-294. (UTokyo Repository)
- Matsumura, M., Y. Ito, H. Kimura, K. Obara, S. Sekiguchi, S. Hori, and K. Kasahara, Development of Accurate and Quick Analysis System for Source Parameters (AQUA), Zisin, 59, 167-184. (J-STAGE)
- Hayashi, H., K. Kasahara, and H. Kimura, 2006, Pre-Neogene basement rocks beneath the Kanto Plain, central Japan，J. of Geol. Soc. Japan, 112, 2-13. (CiNii)
- Takahashi, M., H. Hayashi, K. Kasahara, and H. Kimura, 2006，Geologic interpretation of the seismic reflection profile along the western margin of the Kanto Plain : With special reference to the Yoshimi metamorphic rocks and western extension of the Tonegawa Tectonic Line, J. of Geol. Soc. Japan, 112, 33-52. (CiNii)
- Hayashi, H., K. Kasahara, H. Kimura, T. Kawanaka, and Y. Ota, 2005, Seismic Reflection Survey Using Vibroseis at Taiyo Village, Ibaraki Prefecture, Central Honshu, Japan, and Its Implication of the Southern Trace of the Tanagura Tectonic Line, Zisin, 58, 29-40. (J-STAGE)
- Ito, Y., T. Matsumoto, H. Kimura, H. Matsubayashi, K. Obara, and S. Sekiguchi, 2005, Spatial distribution of centroid moment tensor solutions for the 2004 off Kii peninsula earthquakes, Earth, Planets Space, 57, 351-356.
- Ito, Y., H. Matsubayashi, H. Kimura, T. Matsumoto, Y. Asano and S. Sekiguchi, 2004, Spatial distribution for moment tensor solutions of the 2003 Tokachi-oki earthquake(Mjma=8.0) and aftershocks, Earth, Planets Space, 56, 301-306.
- Matsumoto, S., K. Obara, H. Kimura, and M. Nakamura, Imaging P-wave Scatterer Distribution around the Focal Area of the 2000 Western Tottori Earthquake (Mw6.6), Zisin, 55, 229-232. (J-STAGE)
- (2) Presentation
- Kimura, H., T. Takeda and K. Obara, K. Kasahara, 2010, Detailed distribution and activity of burst-type repeating earthquakes at the western Kanto, central Japan, Eos Trans. AGU, 91(26), West. Pac. Geophys. Meet. Suppl., S24A-06.
- Kimura, H., T. Takeda, K. Obara, and K. Kasahara, 2009, The small Boso slow slip event in 2000 detected by small repeating earthquakes, Eos Trans. AGU, 88(52), Fall Meet. Suppl., T11C-1840.
- Kimura, H., T. Takeda, Y. Yukutake, K. Obara, and K. Kasahara, 2008, Detailed hypocentral distribution and activity of small repeating earthquakes at the Kanto region, central Japan, Eos Trans. AGU, 89(53), Fall Meet. Suppl., U33A-0030.
- Hirose, H., S. Sekine, H. Kimura, and K. Obara, 2008, Source Process of the 2007 Boso Slow Slip Event With an Earthquake Swarm From Tiltmeter Data, Eos Trans. AGU, 89(53), Fall Meet. Suppl., U32A-02.
- Kimura, H., T. Takeda, K. Obara, and K. Kasahara, 2008, Configuration model of the Pacific plate estimated from repeating earthquakes at the Kanto region, central Japan , 7th General Assembly of Asian Seismological Commission and Seismological Society of Japan, 2008 Fall meeting, B41-11.
- Sekine, S., H. Hirose, H. Kimura, and K. Obara, 2007, The 2007 Boso Slow Slip Event and the associated earthquake swarm, Eos Trans. AGU, 88(52), Fall Meet. Suppl., T21A-0363.
- Kimura, H., Y. Yukutake, T. Takeda, and K. Obara, 2007, Quiescence of repeating earthquakes preceding M-6 class interplate earthquakes, Eos Trans. AGU, 88(52), Fall Meet. Suppl., S31A-0219.
- Kimura, H., K. Kasahara, N. Hirata and T.Takeda, 2007, Subduction process of the Philippine Sea plate beneath the Kanto district, central Japan, as revealed by plate structure and repeating earthquakes, Proceedings of 6th Joint Meeting of UJNR Panel on Earthquake Research, -P21.
- Kimura, H., and K. Kasahara, 2003, Detailed Structure of Plate Boundary Revealed by Seismic Reflection Survey and Spatial Relation With Interplate Seismic Activity Indicated by Converted Waves, East off Boso Peninsula, Japan, EOS, Transactions, AGU 2003 Fall Meeting Vol.84, No.46, S52B-0138.
- Apr. 2007: NIED President Award: Achievement Award, "Repeating earthquake activity at Kanto region"
- Paper Award of Seismological Society of Japan in 2007, "Development of Accurate and Quick Analysis System for Source Parameters (AQUA)"
- 5．Affiliated societies
- Seismological Society of Japan (SSJ)
- Society of Exploration Geophysicists of Japan (SEGJ)
- American Geophysical Union (AGU)
- Society of Exploration Geophysicists (SEG)
- Crustal structure and crustal activity in and around the Kanto region
- Quick analysis of source parameters